Next Orientation: July 23 at 12pm.
The Main Frame Job Readiness Program provides our guests with the transferable skills and personal support they need to succeed in finding and maintaining a stable, living-wage job in today’s job market. The program is guided by the following principles:
- Stable, living-wage income is necessary to avoid and/or overcome homelessness
- Many of our guests are employable, but may need support and assistance in their job search and employment skills
- A holistic, flexible approach will best empower guests to find and keep employment
- Proactivity and communication are key to successful employment
Students Receive One-On-One Help With:
- Building a coherent, functional resume
- Assessing their unique skills and interests
- Online job search
- Job applications
- Interview skills
- Money management
- Professional self-presentation
Students work closely with our Main Frame Coordinator, personal mentors, and guest teachers, as well as representatives from Georgia’s Own Credit Union. Participants are also eligible for other complimentary services and receive ongoing support in order to maintain employment.
Class Schedule – each class lasts three weeks
Monday and Tuesday:
12:30 – 1:00pm – lunch
1:00 – 4:00pm – class
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday:
9:00am – 12:30pm – workshop
Each participant must complete an orientation and assessment prior to entry into the program. For more information or to sign-up for the next orientation, please contact Ahren Cassinari-Foster, Main Frame Coordinator, at (404) 601-3146 or [email protected] Click here for our informational brochure about Main Frame.
Interested in volunteering?
We’re currently in need of more volunteers for our Main Frame program! The Main Frame Job Readiness Program is a vital part of the work of Central OAC. Through this program, we help people find jobs and overcome obstacles to employment. In 2017, we had a 84% graduation rate and a 78% success rate of helping graduates find and maintain employment.
Four ways you can volunteer:
1. Provide lunch to a Main Frame class. Sign up here!
2. Assist with mock interviews.
3. Volunteer in the classroom.
4. Mentor a Main Frame student.
If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering, please contact Ahren Cassinari-Foster, Main Frame Coordinator, at [email protected] or (404) 601-3146.